Final Degree Theses
The Chair of Industrial Economics and Innovation supervises Bachelor's and Master's theses throughout the year.
When writing and submitting your scientific thesis, please observe the applicable formal criteria of the examination board.
- Interest in the research areas of the chair
- Solid microeconomics backround
- If you want to write a Bachelor's thesis at our chair, we strongly recommend that you attend the lecture Industrial Organization
- If you want to write a Master's thesis at our chair, we strongly recommend that you attend the modules Economics of Innovation and/or Game Theory and Experimentals Economics
- The formal requirements of the examination regulations should be fulfilled
You can notify our secretary Isabelle Guyot of your interest in writing a thesis at any time by e-mail.
For your orientation, we have summarized the steps for registering your Bachelor's or Master's thesis below:
- Please contact the secretary at guyot[at]wiwi.uni-wuppertal.de. We kindly ask you to submit the following information with your message:
- A short introduction of yourself
- Which courses/modules have you already attended? What are your main interests?
- You are welcome to send us your topic suggestions and ideas in your first e-mail. The exploration of a topic for your thesis will be individually supervised by us.
- Please send us your suggestion for an initial meeting.
- Further consultation and topic identification will usually take place in a personal meeting or via Zoom.
- Please send us the completed application form, once your topic has been specified and defined. After your supervisor has signed it, we will forward it to the examination office for registration. As soon as it has been processed there, the registration is visible on StudiLöwe.
- There are no registration deadlines at our chair and you are welcome to contact us at any time
- It is possible to write both Bachelor's and Master's theses in German or English, depending on your preference
- Please make sure to follow the instructions on the page of the Central Examination Office (Zentrales Prüfungsamt). There you will find all the necessary forms. Please do not forget to apply for admission to the Bachelor's or Master's examination before registering your thesis.