Dr. Monika Piegeler
This page is not maintained anymore.
Please visit the new website.
Monika Piegeler studied architecture and economics at the RWTH Aachen and received her diploma degrees in 2003 and 2005. After that she worked in the field of sales force management. From February 2008 to October 2013 Mrs Piegeler was scientific assistant at the chair of Industrial Organization and Innovation at the University of Wuppertal.
- Entrepreneurship and Personality Traits
Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Gender Gap in Latent and Nascent Entrepreneurship: Driven by Competitiveness (with Werner Bönte), Small Business Economics, 2013, 41, 961-987.
- Gender Differences in Competitiveness, Risk Tolerance, and other Personality Traits: Do they contribute to the Gender Gap in Entrepreneurship? (with Werner Bönte) Schumpeter Discussion Paper 2011-012
- Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall, Who is the Most Entrepreneurial Employee of All? (with Werner Bönte) Schumpeter Discussion Paper 2010-009
- Entrepreneurship Capital, Knowledge Spillovers and Regional Productivity: Some Empirical Evidence from European Regions (with Werner Bönte and Stephan Heblich), Working Paper IAREG WP3/05.
- Concept and Measurement of Regional Entrepreneurship Capital (with Werner Bönte and Stephan Heblich), Working Paper IAREG 2008/001.
- Data collection for Individual Entrepreneurial Aptitude (26000 observations, 36 countries) in the Flash Eurobarometer „Entrepreneurship“ 2009 administrated by the Directorate General „Industry and Services“, European Commission.
- Intangible Assets and Regional Economic Growth. Financed by the European Union under the Seventh Framework Program for Research and Technological Development in the 'Socio-economic sciences and the humanities' area.
Presentations at Conferences:
- Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference 2011, Syracuse, New York.
- G-Forum 2011, Zürich
- Third International Workshop “Entrepreneurship, Culture, Finance and Economic Development”, FUNDP-University of Namur, Belgium, Keynote Speaker: David Audretsch, June 2012
- 3rd IZA Workshop on Entrepreneurship Research, Potsdam, Lectures: Simon Parker, June 2012
- 14th International Schumpeter Society Conference (ISS), Brisbane, July 2012
- Verein für Socialpolitik, Jahrestagung Göttingen, September 2012
- ZEW International Conference on the Dynamics of Entrepreneurship (CoDE), Mannheim, October 2012